Low air loss mattresses and pumps are designed to provide pressure relief and comfort to those who suffer from bed sores, or other medical conditions. To ensure the best possible care, it is essential to keep these items clean and well-maintained.
Here are some tips on how to clean your low air loss mattress and pump in the home:
1. Unplug the power cord of the pump and mattress and remove any water or debris from the mattress.
2. Vacuum the mattress and any areas of the pump where dust and debris have accumulated.
3. Use a damp cloth or sponge with mild detergent (handwashing soap) to wipe down the mattress and pump. Be sure to rinse off any cleaner that is used.
4. Allow the mattress and pump to dry completely before plugging them back in.
5. Regularly inspect the mattress and pump for any signs of damage or wear and tear.
6. Change the air filter in the pump regularly to keep the air clean.
Cleaning your low air loss mattress and pump is an important part of maintaining your health and comfort. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your mattress and pump stay in good working order.